Who can say it better than Wikipedia? According to its official site:
“Off-price retailers sell clothing and accessories from major-label brands to non-branded goods at a significant discount."
"These companies take advantage of overruns, canceled orders, and forecasting mistakes made by their counter-parts in the full-price retail sector. When a designer or manufacturer produces more clothing than it can sell through specialty retailers or department stores, or a store can't move all of the items in a particular line, the excess inventory is sold at a 20%-60% discount to an off-price retailer."
"The company passes these savings onto consumers, marking up goods by a lower percentage than full-price stores and instead building operating margins by moving a high volume of inventory quickly, at rock-bottom prices.”
Section 1 - Eligibility & Credentials
The OFFPRICE Show ADMISSION POLICIES
The OFFPRICE SHOW is a professional trade event. It is produced for the fashion industry and is NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Admission to the OFFPRICE Show is FREE to the trade, and $125 per person for suppliers to the trade, including factors, shipping & logistics providers, manufacturers and other providers looking to establish networks with our exhibitors. DIRECT SOLICITATION OF OUR EXHIBITORS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED BY SHOW MANAGEMENT.
REQUIRED RETAIL BUYER CREDENTIALS
Minimum of three requirements from list below:
- Business Cards (listing your address and job title)
- Recent invoices (minimum of three different companies, only of apparel, accessories, or footwear purchased in the last six months)
- Tax Registration Certificate or (Business Registration Certificate indicating you are a retail business, not a sellers permit)
- Letter of Intent (from attorney or bank) on official letterhead stating the intent to start a new retail business...acceptable for new businesses only)
Personal Photo ID required on site:
- Drivers License or Passport
- Government-issued Photo ID
Management reserves the right to admit exceptions for a fee: $125
Garment District Alliance
Read more about the Garment District here.